One day Mullah Nasruddin entered his favorite teahouse and said, “The moon is more useful than the sun”. An old man asked why Mullah? Nasruddin replied “we need the light more during the night than during the day.”
Swami Veda Bharati
WELCOME TO THE EUROPEAN WEBSITE
The Himalayan Tradition of Yoga and Meditation
The site provides information about:
- Learning meditation, subtle-body hatha yoga, deep relaxation, and other practices of the Himalayan Sages
- Studying in India and Europe to learn this meditative way of yoga
- Becoming a Certified Yoga Teacher through our Teacher Training Program
- Joining our world-wide Yoga meditation community
- Read articles on yoga and news items
The Himalayan tradition of yoga and meditation has remained unbroken for thousands of years; it has been passed on from master to master. It is an ancient, holistic system of physical, mental and spiritual practices.
It was brought to the West by H.H. Swami Rama and continues to this day under the spiritual guidance of Swami Veda Bharati, Dr.Lit.
This website is a source of information about the wisdom and practices of the Himalayan Yoga-Meditation Tradition for everyone interested in Yoga and Meditation and looking for classes.
The heart of yoga is meditation. Welcome to the Himalayan Yoga-Meditation Tradition!
"When people talk about yoga science, they often think it has something
to do with the physical body only. Yoga is a science that deals
with the body, breath, mind, soul—and ultimately the universe itself. It is
both practical and theoretical."
--Swami Rama of the Himalayas--
- name of institute
- n/a, The Netherlands
- meet the teacher
- Sonia van Nispen tot Sevenaer
- brief description
- Has been teaching in Cotonou, Benin till 2007(francophone West-Africa): hatha, pranayama, subtle body practices, yoga philosophy in the Himalayan Tradition, guiding meditations. Teaching in French, &n...
Intensive Silence Retreat - Netherlands
‘From Mind to Consciousness’
Five days of Intensive Silence
9-13 October 2015
Swami Ma Tripurashakti Bharati (Ma Tri)
Pandit Stoma/Stephan Parker
Pandit Ashutosh Sharma
Enjoy Yoga on a deeper level
For more info click on the News items